It was a tragic week for sports fans this weekend with the loss of Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez and golf legend Arnold Palmer. But at least for Ohio Bobcats fans, they had some reasons to stand up and cheer.
Ohio defeated Gardner-Webb, 37-21.
- The Bobcats won, but their depth at running back is becoming a real concern. Ohio eventually had to start a defensive player on the offensive side of the ball. (The Post)
- Wide receiver Sebastian Smith shined on Saturday, with his second consecutive 100-yard game. (WOUB)
- Despite some great performances, it looks like Ohio will deal with some injuries for the rest of the season:
Afterward, Solich said Ouellette (foot surgery) and Vinny Emanuele (head) are "definitely out" moving forward.
— Jason Arkley (@JasonAmessenger) September 24, 2016
Ohio swept both Akron and Buffalo this weekend.
- Ohio kicked off their conference schedule with great serving, including 13 aces. (WOUB)
- Ohio also honored last season’s championship team by unveiling their championship banner
— Ethan Felderstein (@efelderstein14) September 23, 2016
Ohio lost to Toledo, 2-1.
- The Bobcats lost a physical contest to a conference foe. (OhioBobcats.com)
- Freshman Alivia Milesky scored her first goal of her collegiate career
GOAL OHIO! Alivia Milesky gets her head on the ball and ties the game up at 1-1!
— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) September 25, 2016