The tattoo industry is booming. Any stigma that once existed is slowly shifting as more people are choosing to be inked.
What’s really the deal with tattoos in the U.S.? Here are some numbers to tell you more:
- 45 million Americans have at least one tattoo.
- 17% of these people say they regret getting their ink.
- 11% say they have had a tattoo removed.
- In 2000, National Geographic reported that 15% of Americans were tatted.
- 10 years later, a Pew Research poll revealed that 32% of people ages 30 to 45 have at least one tattoo.
- Americans spend $1.65 billion on tattoos every year.
- The average small tattoo costs $45
- More women are tattooed than men in the U.S.