I’m guessing we are all in a food coma right about now and thankful that our awkward family dinner conversations are over.
Now we must make our most important decision: what do we do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers?
Personally, I get sick of eating just turkey and stuffing for a week straight after Thanksgiving. Well, what’s easier than just taking things out of your fridge and mixing them in a bowl to make it even more delicious! It’s time to shake things up to get whole new meals out of our holiday feasts.
1. Pumpkin Bread French Toast
It’s the morning after and all you see in your fridge is the pounds of food that you ate just hours before. A simple breakfast recipe is to take leftover bread and make a simple french toast!
I used pumpkin bread from Athens Bread Company.
- Ingredients for toast coating:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of milk (doesn’t matter what kind)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Slice the bread to your preferred width. Submerge the bread in the mix and then cook on the stove on medium heat.
Voila! Simple as that!
2. Mashed Potato Cakes
Sick of eating just plain mashed potatoes? This is an easy recipe that you can even substitute sweet potatoes if you wish!
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet and place on medium heat.
- Flatten a ball of mashed potatoes to create a 1 inch cake.
- Place in skillet and let the magic happen!
- Add some garlic, basil, or any other seasoning for more flavor!
3. Turkey, Stuffing, and Sweet Potato Hash
I got this recipe from Delicious Meets Healthy, but will put my own spin on it to make it even more simple.
- Add 1 cup diced onions in skillet with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Place left over turkey meat, stuffing, and sweet potatoes in the skillet.
- Cook a number of fried or scrambled eggs in separate skillet and add to hash.
- Add any seasonings that you like and then you’re ready to dig in!
Have you come up with any good recipes for your Thanksgiving meals? Comment down below!